Thursday, October 10, 2013


I like him, I simply do!



Actually, he is one of my favorite modern-era singers. No question about his versatility in singing - he proved it in Rockstar - he absolutely nailed it! I feel the music of Rockstar could not have been such a hit without Mohit Chauhan's voice; however, the music and lyrics play equal role, I believe.

Apart from he being a great singer, one of the reasons that I like him is he is from Himachal. Himachal has always been close to my heart, I don't know why, but I have always loved being in hills! In fact, I prefer hills than beaches or plains. He is from Nahan (District Sirmaur, Himachal Pradesh) and is pretty well educated, and that is what I like about him; he pursued his passion. Again, this is the thing I like about Palash Sen!

It's great when one pursues his/her passion. It pays off, eventually. It does.

Mohit Chauhan has been an inspiration to me, as I can sing a little and play his songs on guitar. His song - Dooba-Dooba Rehta Hoon - is a gem and I have worked a lot on it to perfect it on guitar; and somehow I can perform it in a small gathering.

My wife also knows that I am Mohit Chauhan's fan, and, in fact, gifted me a CD that has collection of his best numbers. In addition to that, I often listen to Rockstar (a dedicated CD) while traveling short/long distance. His songs refresh me!

What I like about Mohit Chauhan is the husk in his voice; it has great depth in it. Moreover, it can suit any actor in Bollywood. Undoubtedly, Mohit Chauhan has established a solid place for himself in Bollywood. Everybody knows that he has struggled so hard. I have some of his old numbers when he used to sing for his friends - the songs that he later recorded - Himachali songs; they are all so lovely - so silky - so fresh!

He is one of my favorite modern-era singers and will continue to be so! I am just a small fan of his. I wish him luck in all his future endeavors. "Kudos, Mohit! Wish you luck!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to RSS Feed Follow me on Twitter!