Wednesday, November 6, 2013

I ain't an atheist, but I ain't a strong believer either! It has been quite a while I have been avoiding temples or any other religious places; not because I don't believe in God, but because the religious institutions have become more or less money-making houses. Everyone seems to be after money - the priests, the outside prasaad vendors, the beggars, and everyone else! This is the thing that one of my friends discussed with me today morning! He also is kind of "pissed off" because of the attitude and behavior he receives from various authorities at temples; he, although, praised Sikh shrines in this case. He mentioned that Sikh shrines do not 'force' you do donate as people in and around Hindu shrines do! And, this is the thing I have witnessed myself, and this is the thing that is responsible for I avoiding temples.

Who is Your God?

I am of a belief that if one has to pray, he/she can do it from anywhere; there is no need to go to temple or any other man-made religious institution, but societal beliefs are totally opposite. I strongly believe that temples these days are money-making donation boxes; this is the reason that you'll find 10 (or even more) donation boxes in front of every Hindu God's idol! And, all this is purely meant for use of humans, for God (if He/She is there) doesn't need money, for sure!

Today, one of my friend's mother asked me as to who is my God - the God I believe in - the God I pray in front of - whom do I believe in! I could not answer her! Actually, I was 100% true to my heart, because I don't believe in either Shiva or Krsna or any other Hindu deity. My belief is more towards humanity - in being good to everyone - and Almighty (if there) is watching and will bless you, if He/She wants to! Even if He/She isn't up there, it gives you satisfaction that you aren't being bad to anyone, if not being good, at least!

I used to make religious donations initially, but I make such donations now only to support community kitchens (langars) and nothing else. My opinion towards this thing is that one should make, if one wants to, voluntarily, donations towards humanitarian causes, and not religious ones! There is a lot I can discuss in this matter, but with a like-minded person!

And, one of my thoughts helps me to not donate towards any religious institute now is (although I don't know fully about this matter) that whenever any natural calamity hits our country, no religious institution comes forward to donate! If they can receive humongous donations from people, they can even donate the same for them! Isn't it? I have never heard of Tirupati Balaji Temple or Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine donating substantially for any cause!

Another thing that stops me from going to temples is the VIPs! Who the hell is a 'Very Important Person' in eyes/house of God? I don't feel like explaining this point anymore, for it will add to my non-belief towards God!

In case this attitude continues for few more years, I will surely turn into an atheist, I know!

Anyhow, let me ask you this - Who is Your God? and Why?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to RSS Feed Follow me on Twitter!