Sunday, May 18, 2014

My mom calls me mad whenever I say I am getting bored at home and I want to travel some other place. Deep within she knows that how much I love to travel, and yes, it’s very much true. Rather than mad, she knows I am a ‘nomad’. Traveling is my passion!! It’s like a booster “Red Bull to my life”. I have been working for almost 10 years now. I don’t know since when I am in love with traveling; however, I know for sure that traveling increases the hemoglobin in my blood. It rejuvenates me and gives me long-lasting happiness.

I am a nature boy, and places with valleys, trees, hills, and fresh air give me a kick. One of my favorite destinations is Kasauli. It’s a very small hill station of British setting – full of the freshness in the air! Kasauli has all the features of a typical English town - The Mall, big cottages built in the British style, and numerous places of interest, but what makes it different from other hill stations is its silence. This place will interest you much higher if you are ready to explore its beauty on foot. The two main walks around Kasauli are the Upper and Lower Mall. The taste of regional dishes made up of fresh vegetables grown locally makes me a repeat visitor. Living in cities, we can’t beat the taste even if we use the most fresh vegetables and best of the spices. The aroma of food touches my senses and the taste raises the threshold of my appetite to its peak. Most of the times, I end up eating more than usual because I know short walk in clean air will neutralize everything. Tibetan Market, Church, and Monkey Point Temple are the major attractions of Kasauli – each with its own history.

A view of Lower Market, Kasauli
I prefer going to Kasauli by car because driving zig-zag in hills makes me feel different. It takes me around an hour to reach there from my hometown. The view of Chandigarh city from Kasauli is absolutely gorgeous at night. Millions of lights shimmering, reflects how lively the city is! Cool breeze touching your senses holds your breath.

When I reach Kasauli, I head straight to Monkey Point. It falls within the boundary of Indian Army, so we are not allowed to take any electronic devices, like mobile phones and laptops. It takes more than an hour by walking to reach the temple located on the hilltop. The calmness and purity in the air of temple and the outside view takes my breath away. I feel blessed and free from all tensions. Sometimes during foggy days, you feel that you are standing inside clouds.

Monkey Point, Kasauli
Church opens only on Sundays and holidays. While coming back, I usually stop at Himachal Tourism Resort for a cup of tea and snacks and then drive towards the Tibetian Market. Few old shopkeepers have starting recognizing my face because of my frequent visits. One of the shopkeepers, Pasang, has become my friend as well. I recommend a one-day short trip to Kasauli to everyone who wants to take some time away from heavy traffic, pollution, and other problems of big cities, and spend time on a small hill station that is full of nature, purity, and quality people!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to RSS Feed Follow me on Twitter!