Saturday, May 17, 2014

Busy schedule, always short of time, ending up doing half of the things in hurry, less time for family and friends, getting hyper on small matters – is it only with me? I am sure the answer is no. And if it is, are we not sacrificing our social life, relations, health, and much more? Everyone, like me, wishes to stay healthy throughout life. The word ‘illness’ itself scares the shit out of me. I don’t doubt if I say that there are very few people who can say confidently that they are 100% healthy.

Busy Lifestyle Vs. Health
I, too, had a very healthy lifestyle until I was in college. Regular gym, jogging and diet control was something which I adapted at an early stage of my life because of my health conscious family members. I started working on May 2010 with an IT firm. I always loved to sit for a long time and deal with American clients. My passion drove me and made me spend more than 14 hours sitting at my desk and staring at my official laptop. I never even realized how busy my life had become. Eating healthy on time, exercise and caring about myself was far away from my thoughts. I became a robot and my schedule was “wake up, eat, work, sleep, and repeat”. Whenever I felt tired, I used to club my weekly offs together and relax at home. And, you won’t believe that the addiction of laptop did not ever leave me alone.

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 around 5 p.m., I received a call from one of my childhood friends – Rohan. He belongs to Gujarat and runs a pharmacy there. He came to Chandigarh in his cousin sister’s marriage and invited me join them on the occasion. Both of us are big time foodie, however this time the craze of meeting my old buddy was much more than eating in a wedding. So, as decided, I planned to join him around 8 p.m. I was getting ready and suddenly when I was about to leave home, I fainted at the door of my house. My parents pulled me to my bed and rubbed my hands, threw water on my face which opened my eyes. Everyone including me was under a shock to see me faint.

I took some rest and woke up after sometime. I felt was that my back was totally jammed I could not sit straight. It was such an intolerable and unbearable pain that I felt someone stabbed by back with a knife more that thousand times!! I wish no one ever gets to feel it through the passage of life. It was the worst moment of my life.

My condition was worse; however, love and motivation of my family set me to fight with the pain at the earliest. As a fighter, I took it as a mission to set everything right to get the smile back on my parents’ face. I recovered completely in about a month or so.

I spent around a month on bed and realized that the money I made by compromising on health was much less that what I had spent to recover. They said it right, “health is wealth”. The sooner I realized it, quicker my life took a right turn.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to RSS Feed Follow me on Twitter!