Friday, May 30, 2014

It’s all dark. I have been here for like forever. Moon has never been so dim. Sound of leaves has never been so loud. Dogs screaming and I think someone is following me. I run, can’t go faster than that, feeling breathless, but she just grabbed my shoulder tight and said “wake up son, you’ll be late again, have tea”. My mom knows ‘tea is the secret of my energy’.

It’s just another day like always! Beginning with a cup of tea, reuniting my body and soul, initializing my brain, pushing the warmth inside-out, brimming my mind and ending with series of thoughts and saying “welcome to the world”. I get ready for the office, rush for breakfast and sip another cup along with gobi paranthas and homemade white butter! Wow! Nothing else can ever boost me with more energy for the day!

"Tea" for me means much more than it means to anyone else on this Mother Earth. A good one makes my day and a bad one can spoil it. So, like many others, my day generally depends on the taste of tea I get in the morning. Tea with uneven proportion of contents is a turn-off!! So with all conditions applied, balanced proportion of all the contents is a must for a kick-ass morning!

My love for tea is as true as Punjabi’s love for whisky! It works like adrenaline running through my veins, making my life complete! My colleagues call me “Aamli - a tea addict”, but if they could understand my feelings, they would start bringing a kettle of tea for me on the day when they want to put some extra work burden on my shoulders. Sometimes, I feel if I had a choice, I would have chosen to take birth on a hill station full of tea gardens.

When I was a kid, hot tea with milk was the only option, but now, when I take black, green, iced, and other flavored varieties of tea, I thank the other tea lovers who made it possible! I wish I was the one to start these ventures, but I know it’s never too late! Someday, I’ll own a tea garden, tea point and serve people with the maximum of what a tea has to offer.

A lot can happen over a cup of tea. Starting from taking biggest decisions of life, solving complex problems, questions, rejuvenating my journeys, and much more! Hmm…I mean most of the solutions to the problems equal to tea complimented with a solution!

Let the world go to hell, but I should always have my tea. With no second thought, true to best of my knowledge, I hereby declare “tea” my best beverage!

                                     TO WHOMSOEVER IT MAY CONCERN

Thanks to the one who started it! Thanks to the one who gave me the first sip! Thanks to everyone who served me the best cups of tea!

Half-past five, my buttered toast waits just for you. Without you an essential part of my blood would have been missing!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to RSS Feed Follow me on Twitter!