Thursday, May 29, 2014

Smartphones are very important part of everyone’s life now. For majority of people, the meaning of a mobile phone has completely changed. There are people who do not care about the brand or features of mobile phones; they just want to use mobile phone for receiving or making calls. They are satisfied if it fulfills their purpose of carrying a device which is capable of receiving and making calls. For others, carrying a good brand of mobile phone is a part of status symbol. Even if they can’t afford to buy it in one go, they are ready to pay for it in installments. The excitement of using latest smartphone is as good as buying a new laptop. Technically, smartphones have far better and advanced features like a good camera, useful apps, 3G internet, good music quality, and lot more.
Poor battery life of smartphone
I remember buying Nokia 3310 for INR 2700 when I was in school; it was such a tough phone that it never stopped working even after falling 50-60 times on the floor, and its battery used to last for more than 3 days. I was very much happy with what I had because I never thought that a mobile phone could ever do more than that. Ever since, I changed so many phones, every new phone with some added features, but I always noticed that the battery backup reduced majorly every time I bought a new phone. The last phone I had was Samsung Note 2 – a delicate darling! It fell on a carpeted floor just once and the display broke – along with my heart. I never found it worthy to get the screen replaced because of such a high price.

I don’t doubt that smartphones have made life easy, especially since the time Android OS and Windows phones have entered the market. If I look around, more than 70% of the crowd holds at least one smartphone. And why won’t they, if they can pay their bills online, book movie tickets, play games, do banking and lot more within very less time and without standing in a queue, anywhere, and anytime! Not only it saves time but it saves money, too.

Nowadays, I am addicted to Moto G. I love the voice recognition feature of Android KitKat OS, Newshog App, Subway Surfers game and lot of other applications which I have installed; however, once again, the battery backup is quite embarrassing. I am sure that I am not the only one who loves using a smartphone and at the same time hates the battery backup. If I forget to charge my phone even one day, I see it switched off while coming back from the office in the late evening. Charging my smartphone while driving, sleeping and doing other tasks has become a part of my routine. While traveling in public transport, my phone is connected to a power bank. I understand that the hardware components and software applications of phone are consuming battery all the times, but if it such a common problem since years, then seriously I expect some smart engineers to fix it. No application developer and battery manufacturer have been able to take care of this problem completely.

Neither I can afford to switch back to a very basic phone in such a smart era and nor I want a phone with screen less than 4.5 Inches. I am desperately waiting for a smartphone which is smart enough to understand the importance of long lasting battery backup and relieves me from this bug. Whichever manufacturer does it first, it will bring revolution in the market of mobile phones.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to RSS Feed Follow me on Twitter!