Sunday, June 1, 2014

There are days when you get bored and do not have much to do. It is one of such days that I am experiencing. All my family members are out for some or the other work, but I do not have anything to do. Being a Sunday, I am a bit lethargic. Well, I guess it is very difficult to pass such a day when you do not have much to do except eat and rest. Your inactivity and blank mind would make the day, at least until evening, very tough for you to pass!


Going through a sluggish day - slow yourself!
 One can definitely catch up with friends in late evening, but what about morning, noon, and after noon? Here is a list of things I do to pass a sluggish day! You, too, can follow these steps, if you wish to! I do not know how much useful these tips will be for you! I just give myself a lot of time...!!!

1. Try to stay in bed for as long as possible. You can delay your breakfast, at least for today!

2. Try to do things in a longer way, like taking more steps to do a particular work. For example, I take a longer route to refill the bucket when watering the plants. Also, I do not open the tap fully deliberately so that the bucket (or even a mug) takes time to fill. If you are in habit of reading newspaper on the pot, do not do it. Read it when you are done with the morning ablutions. If you feel the exercise wasn't as successful, go in with the newspaper the second time! Hahahaa....

3. Choose a breakfast that takes more time to be cooked and consumed. I usually go for oats, with a lot of servings up on it with green tea...and eat it slowly!

4. I brush my teeth after consuming breakfast. So, here's where I take a lot of time. Firstly, I floss my teeth twice. Then I brush them without toothpaste. Then, I finally brush them with toothpaste. If required, I floss them again! And, I do all this unhurriedly.

5. Then I move here and there, just for no reason - say to burn a few calories. Then, I take bath. Again, remember, tap is not to be opened fully! I usually hum any of my favorite songs at this time.

6. Here starts the tough time. What do do? Try to go to sleep or watch TV. If not, cook something.

7. Then, I usually write something, just like I am doing it right now, just to pass my time. I have a cup of tea alongside that I am sipping unhurriedly.

8. I have been able to pass most of my afternoon either eating something light or consuming a cup of tea or two along with writing. You, too, can do it the same way.

9. Call up a friend who could be busy and unavailable at this time. Then, call up a friend who could be free at this time. The point is actually to contact, and not fix a meeting. Just take whereabouts of a couple of friends.

10. Pass some time on Facebook, Twitter, or elsewhere.

11. Take a walk or ride your bike across the city (or on the highway)

12. Have a cup of tea along with some spicy snack on the way.

13. Get back home. Spend time with family (they should be back by this time).

14. Go out for dinner with family! End your day smiling and laughing with family.

15. Go to sleep. Make sure you brush your teeth before hitting the bed! Thumbs up!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to RSS Feed Follow me on Twitter!