Monday, June 2, 2014

Google has always been on the top of my list. I read about Google Glass and Google driverless cars and truly, they are one of the greatest inventions. Google’s driverless, brake-less car left me amazed when it became prototype. The concept itself is mind blowing.
Google's driver-less, brake-less, electric car
In the world of technology and research, Google is sitting in the ‘Hall of fame’. I checked the reviews of people who have actually been inside this wonderful piece of technology – The Google Driverless Car. A lot of them were scared, few were really excited, but everyone was amazed when they reached safely to their destination.

I am really excited to know more and more about this car before getting a chance to sit inside it. So far, I could find the following:

1.     Companies like Tesla, Mahindra and few others are also working on similar driverless car project.

2.     This biggest fact is that Google is not planning to manufacture self-driving cars at any point, but it is planning to partner this technology with automobile manufacturers.

3.     The small size of Google driverless car makes it aerodynamically better.

4.     You might reach your destination a bit late because it can run at a maximum speed of 40 kmph, but I think it is really safe when you do not have control over the car.

5.     This technology might be applied only on electric cars to stay eco-friendly.

6.     The car uses a foam bumper which makes it light weight and when fully charged, it can cover up to 160 kms.

7.     It is smart enough to differentiate between road and footpath, pedestrians, traffic signs, traffic light & signals, and much more!

8.     Just imagine, as a human being with a perfect eye sight of 6/6, we can see clearly up to only 6 metres, but with its navigation system and cameras, this car see up to 600 feet!

I think we are really lucky to have taken birth in the century when technological geeks have invented the greatest of inventions ever! I hope to see a lot more innovations in future and I wish I could use most of them before I become too old to understand and use them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to RSS Feed Follow me on Twitter!