Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Concentration – Make yourself think denser, stronger, purer, and more focused about anything. Each of us concentrates, but most of us do it only when required. Isn’t it? We don’t have to be a detective like Mr. Sherlock Holmes to know the value of concentration. If you can’t concentrate, you will have to depend upon number of close friends, even for taking small decisions of your own life. If, on later stage you lose, you will regret not thinking on your own.

Power of Concentration
Someone said it right – “When we are not concentrating, we do not look at things, but just overlook them”. So, it is like your eyes are open but you can see anything. The level of concentration depends upon person to person; however, it is completely manageable. One of my close friends Karan had been having issues in concentrating from his school time. Just because of it, his parents and teachers used to scold and beat him like crazy. When we talk about it now, he always relates himself to a hindi movie ‘Tarey Zameen Par’. I am sure that he is not the only one who faced it, but no one understood him in the way he was suppose to be helped.

Lately, I have seen a drastic change in his concentration level. He claims it to be the power of meditation. He says that concentration is more of mindfulness: the ability to quiet your mind, focus on the present situation, and dismiss the distractions. This all sounded crazy until I tried meditating with him last Sunday. We sat on the floor to relax, and with eyes closed, we focussed on our breath, acknowledged and released any random thoughts that rose in the mind. He asked me to repeat this for 30 minutes every day for 4 weeks. I am already feeling different within a week, and waiting to see the results after a month. I believed him when he said that; not only could this increase connectivity with our own soul but also lets us monitor our own attention. I want to try this on my next trip to some calm hill station or at the ghat of Ganga in Haridwar.

Today, after meditating, I feel that with the power of concentration, I can control the things to some extent and make my life a lot better. I hope something amazing happens when the rest of the world is sleeping and I forget the time and stay glued to my chair. The sensation blows me away with beginning of new chapters on my way. However, this is an altogether new subject of my life, I am already in love with it. You should also try it to invite something better to your life.

“Success in any endeavour requires single-minded attention to detail and total concentration.” – Willie Sutton

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to RSS Feed Follow me on Twitter!